Not the hosting and using of services over the Internet, oh no. I’m talking about the term “Cloud Computing.”
Well, that’s just one of John Soat’s “Five Predictions Concerning Cloud Computing”
What are the five predictions?
- All applications will move into the cloud.
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) will supplant software-as-a-service (SaaS) as the most important form of cloud computing for small and, especially, mid-size businesses.
- Private clouds will be the dominant form of cloud computing in large enterprises
- Hybrid clouds eventually will dominate enterprise IT architectures
- The term “cloud computing” will drop off the corporate lexicon.
This is a fun and engaging read, and the comments afterward are equally as interesting. Worth checking out.
One Response to “Say Goodbye to Cloud Computing”
Leave a Reply