Posts from ‘Press’
Check out the latest issue of Ipswitch Insight, our customer newsletter.
This issue features two videos for your viewing pleasure. The first video is Frank Kenney delivering his “State of the MFT Industry”, and the second is Frank talking about File Transfer Consolidation.
We also include a new whitepaper, a great customer story, highlights of our press coverage and some upcoming events.
If you’d like to be added to our mailing list, shoot us an email and we’ll add you to the list next time around. And of course, we’d love to hear all about how you are using Ipswitch File Transfer solutions too!
Data breaches, confidentiality and privacy will remain key areas of concern in 2011, and these topics fuel many of Ipswitch’s 2011 security predictions.
2011 will be the year that smart companies shift their focus away from tactical (and often reactive) security tools and instead focus strategically on policy creation, management and enforcement. More organizations will shift their approach from quick-fix to preventative.
Four more 2011 predictions:
- Enterprises will start monitoring and managing the information flowing to and from personal email, IM and cloud-based services.
- The largest data breach of 2011 will hit the retail sector.
- A major data breach with further reaching diplomatic consequences than WikiLeaks will be the direct result of a lost smart phone or USB drive.
- Organizations in the financial, media and health sectors will gain larger market share by leveraging company investments in MFT, specifically those that offer visibility, analysis and analytics.
I’ve blogged a bunch on Ipswitch’s 2010 research that unveiled startling trends about employee access and use of company information. Our 2011 predictions are in part fueled by some of these facts:
- 40% routinely send confidential information through personal email to eliminate the audit trail from management
- 90% admitted to using thumb drives or other external devices to move work-related files
- 25% send proprietary files to their personal email accounts with the intent of using that information at their next place of employment
- 70% access company data through mobile devices on a weekly basis
- 41% rely on personally owned storage devices to back up business files
- 72% of organizations lack visibility into files moving both internally and externally
Ipswitch was recently awarded “Partner of the Year” by CDW at their 4th annual awards ceremony. Over 700 technology manufacturers and CDW management attended the awards ceremony in which five companies won this prestigious recognition for strong performance in support of CDW customer initiatives.
For those unfamiliar, CDW is a $9 billion technology reseller that sells hundreds of manufacturer products. Over the last year, Ipswitch has had almost daily interactions with CDW account managers, working together to solve customer problems and identify the right technology products to best meet customer needs.
“The Partner of the Year awards honor companies that have provided exemplary products, programs and support to CDW and its customers in the previous 12 months.”
This year’s recipients are:
- Blue Coat
- Tech Data
We look forward to continued growth and success with CDW and their customers. And next year, save me a seat at the awards ceremony!
We recently published our fall issue of Ipswitch Insight, our customer newsletter.
Please take a few minutes to catch-up with us. And if you’re not in the mood to read, then just sit back and watch the video of Bill Cohn’s reaction to some of our survey results.
Table of Contents:
- IT Pros Use Personal E-Mail to Hide File Transfer Activity
- Customer Story: Enterasys
- Overcoming Key File Transfer Problems
- Solutions Across the File Transfer Continuum
If you’d like to be added to our mailing list, shoot us an email at MyStories@ipswitch.com and we’ll add you to the list next time around. And of course, we’d love to hear all about how you are using Ipswitch File Transfer solutions.