Posts from ‘Product Launches’
Next week (March 1-4, 2010) I’ll be at the RSA Conference in San Fransciso. Please come down and see Ipswitch on the floor or drop me a note to set up a private time to talk.
Since we were there last year a lot has happened to Ipswitch File Transfer products.
- Ad Hoc Transfer Modules – Both MOVEit DMZ 7.0 and WS_FTP Server 7.5 will provide the ability for registered senders to send files to anyone with an email address from a web browser or Outlook email client. (The MOVEit DMZ version provides reply capabilities, encryption at rest, more online logs and the ability to send messages without files.)
- MOVEit Central Advanced Tasks – Complex, conditional workflows were made possible with the release of MOVEit Central 7.0.
- MOVEit DMZ Web Farms – Our most secure server gained the ability to scale horizontally on top of common database and file server tiers with the release of MOVEit DMZ 6.5.
- New Security Model in WS_FTP Server – WS_FTP Server 7.1 quietly rolled out a new “perimeter” security model to protect its web-based admin interface, based on suggestions from security personnel.
- MOVEit DMZ SaaS – Project leaders, small businesses and departments may now subscribe to a hosted service that provides secure storage, secure transport, delegation of authority and superb logging. This service is based on the latest version of MOVEit DMZ, deployed on a web farm in a datacenter that has achieved SAS 70 certification.
- MOVEit Central Corporate – A version of our workflow engine scaled to meet the needs of people with 10 or fewer remote servers to communicate with or project leaders
- Virtualization, 64-bit and Windows 7 Support – WS_FTP Professional 12.2 became the first major FTP client to be recognized by Microsoft as Windows 7 compatible (both 32-bit and 64-bit). Meanwhile, our server products expanded their support of 64-bit Microsoft Server platforms and their support of virtual platforms based on EMC’s VMWare and Microsoft’s Hyper-V.
- Microsoft Certified Partner – Ipswitch became a Microsoft Certified Partner last year, gaining access to software, including Windows 7, before it is released to the public.
- Gartner “Leader” Designation – Ipswitch was named as a “Leader” in Gartner’s Magic Quadrent, based largely on the ability of our MOVEit products to meet the needs of business customers, our forward-looking vision and our willingness to build or buy our way toward solutions that meet even more needs.
WS_FTP Professional 12.2 has just been listed as “Windows 7 Compatible” for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 on Microsoft’s official compatibility site.
Official posting on Microsoft’s “Windows 7 Compatibility Central”:
This means that professionals and IT departments now have a certified compatible and full featured FTP client to use with Microsoft’s most recent operating system.
Ipswitch is a Microsoft Certified Partner and used both the Microsoft Windows 7 “Cookbook” and early access to pre-release operating system software to qualify WS_FTP Professional under both the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Microsoft Windows 7. WS_FTP Home, derived from the same code base as WS_FTP Professional, also supports Microsoft Windows 7.