Posts from ‘MOVEit’
SC Magazine just reviewed Ipswitch’s MOVEit DMZ, and awarded it a 5-star rankings for each of their 7 categories – That’s actually 35-stars in total!
As many of you know, MOVEit DMZ is used by thousands of organizations around the globe to manage mission-critical file transfers that meet requirement for security and compliance. Not only is MOVEit DMZ used to transfer data between internal systems and across companies, but there is also a nifty Outlook plug-in that enables simple and secure person-to-person file transfer with governance and visibility.
“MOVEit DMZ from Ipswitch is a managed file transfer server that helps secure data.
Installation was easy and straightforward…. Getting the initial administrative duties out of the way was easy as well.
The solution allows admins to enforce how file transfers are handled, and it encrypts both the transmission and storage of the files to, from and on the server itself.
We were impressed with all the features. There are plenty of protocol support options…. There are also built-in, browser-based APIs to allow for bulk file transfer via web browsers, and even a module to allow for ad hoc transfers via an email attachment using Microsoft Outlook.
From an administration perspective, there are many enterprise-class features available. Users can limit remote administration and incoming connections to particular network segments, as well as a full range of auditing and reporting for the solution.”
For those of you unfamiliar with MOVEit DMZ, please do take 2-minutes and watch our overview video. And feel free to submit any questions you have about our MOVEit solutions and we’ll be sure to quickly get back to you.
Here’s a nice write-up of one of our newest customers, Salary.com
Every once in a while we like to showcase an exciting new customer and share some of the reasons why they chose to deploy an Ipswitch File Transfer solution to solve their business problems.
Quick background on the business need:
They sought a flexible, highly available solution that could simplify business operations and meet compliance regulations including SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA and other state laws around employee privacy.
Security & compliance requirements were driving factors:
“It’s an imperative that our file transfer services maintain our rigorous requirements for keeping our clients’ critical business data secure,” said John Desharnais, managing director of technical operations at Salary.com.
And here’s some insight into their purchase decision:
“Salary.com reviewed several solutions, but selected Ipswitch’s MOVEit suite because of its comprehensive approach to managed file transfer, ability to provide an end-to-end audit trail and granular controls that monitor how files are moved, accessed, and used.”
“Ipswitch’s MOVEit solution is easy to use and ensures that we have complete visibility into all file transfer activity on our network.”
Salary.com, welcome to the Ipswitch family and we look forward to a loooong relationship together. As your business needs continue to grow and evolve, Ipswitch will be a trusted partner that will continue to bring innovative solutions to market.
I’ve been asked at least a dozen times over the last month “What are the benefits of a cloud-based hosted subscription versus an on-premises software deployment?”.
There are many benefits of going SaaS, just like there are benefits of deploying on-premises. It all comes down to the problems you are trying to solve, budgeting preferences, and IT resource availability and expertise. Here are some benefits of going the hosted route.
- Fast and easy deployment: SaaS solutions are often available instantly, providing an amazingly fast time-to-value. You don’t need to install any software/hardware yourself and there are no complicated firewall or security configurations to work through.
- Budgeting flexibility & lower up front cost: Hosted subscriptions are treated as an “operating expense” with no capital investment spent on software/hardware. Pay-as-you-go subscription plans often lead to quicker purchase decisions because there is no need to get CapEx budget sign-off.
- Less taxing on your IT resources: SaaS solutions require significantly less effort to deploy and maintain. There are no ongoing software upgrades, patches or backups for you to worry about, and no complex security/compliance configurations to be responsible for internally. Plus, there is no underlying infrastructure to assemble and maintain.
- Built-in scalability: The elasticity and high bandwidth of SaaS solutions easily handles spikes in usage and grows as organizational needs expand.
- Near perfect uptime: Hosted services are often run in a highly available, load-balanced, automatic failover configuration to ensure even the strictest network and application uptime requirements and SLAs are met.
I’d like to also quickly mention that we’ve had numerous customers initially deploy our MOVEit DMZ Hosted Service as a way to get their Managed File Transfer solution up and running quickly, while they continue to work towards an on-premises deployment.
The growth of SaaS can’t be denied…. The question is, whether ’tis SaaS right for your organization?